RGS is seeking a Business Process Analyst (BPA) to support the United States Marshals Service (USMS) with the implementation of strategic priorities. The BPA will operate as part of a team working with the Prisoner Operations Division (POD) to facilitate the analysis of “As Is” programs and processes which warrant review and identify and implement “To Be” changes which will improve Division operations.
The BPA will use proven Performance Management and Continuous Process Improvement (PM/CPI) methodologies to streamline processes to eliminate process waste to improve organizational productivity, improve access to information and decision-making, and increase the utilization of assets and resources.
A. Provide support reviewing organizational strategies, operations, and programs to improve organizational processes and performance.
Associated duties include:
1. Conduct research and business process analysis relevant to the POD mission, goals, objectives, strategies, and functions, and then develop recommendations and plans to maximize the capability of existing programs, processes, procedures, and structures to improve access to information, eliminate process waste, and increase decision-maker awareness while minimizing risks.
2. Review organizational programs, documents, reports, and data for policy implications and impacts on the USMS, districts, and the federal detention management system and assist the Business Integration Cell (BIC) with reconciling conflicts between policies and program goals.
3. Develop strategies, governance, and plans supporting the transition to new operational methods and practices; including communication strategies to effectively inform and create organization and stakeholder buy-in about changes.
B. Identify critical internal and external issues and recommend solutions to mitigate the issues. Provide support with strategic and performance planning and reporting to ensure linkage among planning elements (i.e., mission, vision, goals, objectives, strategies, and performance management initiatives)
Associated duties include:
1. Develop and analyze project evaluation criteria to identify the projects that provide the most benefit to POD.
2. Developing project plans with the integration, monitoring, and closeout supporting the strategies.
3. Develop and maintain processes and means to support tracking and oversight of projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
4. Maintain a project pipeline and a project portfolio that aligns with the POD strategies and priorities.
5. Track and manage risk to ensure projects stay on schedule.
6. Capture and consolidate best practices and lessons learned to promote the application of similar process improvement opportunities across the Detention Program.
7. Analysis in support of Government Performance and Results Modernization Act (GPRA), OMB A-11 Part 6 and performance based budget submissions.